GUIDELINES FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS:
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Postal mail submissions will no longer be considered.
- Please list the genre of each submission in the email subject line.
- All submissions should be typed with the artist’s name, address, email address, and phone number on each page.
- Please include page numbers for fiction submissions and poetry submissions longer than one page.
- Due to our desire to feature a variety of writers, we ask that you do not submit to Lullwater Review more than once per year.
- We do not accept previously published material, but we do take simultaneous submissions. If your submission to Lullwater Review has been accepted elsewhere, please email us at email@example.com and use “Withdrawal” as your subject line.
- Submissions are accepted throughout the year, but be advised that we will not look at work submitted during the summer months until August.
- Lullwater Review does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, political conviction or religious belief. We welcome work that brings a fresh perspective using innovative language.
- We do not send rejection letters.
- Fiction submissions should be double-spaced and no longer than 5000 words.
- Please limit the number of fiction submissions to two or less.
- If submitting more than one fiction piece, please place your pieces in separate files / documents.
- We accept all forms of fiction, including genre fiction, but please note that preference will be given to literary fiction.
- There are no restrictions on length, topic, form, or style
- Poetry submissions should be single-spaced
- Please limit any poetry submissions to five poems or less.
- Please place your poems in separate files. For example, if you are submitting four poems, please place each poem in a separate document and send all 4 documents to us.
VISUAL ART GUIDELINES:
- There are no restrictions on size, medium, form, or style
- Visual art submissions should be submitted as a high-quality pdf, jpeg, or png.
We are unfortunately unable to pay accepted contributors at this time, as our magazine is completely student-run. If your work is selected for publication, you will receive two copies of the issue in which your work appears. We reserve the following rights for accepted work:
- Exclusive, world-wide first serial rights to Emory University
- Nonexclusive reprint rights
- Credit to Lullwater Review as the initial publication point in the event of reprint
- After publication, any and all additional rights revert to the contributor.
Thank you for your interest to submitting to Lullwater Review! We look forward to reading your work.