GUIDELINES FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS:
- All submissions should be typed with the author’s name, address, email address, and phone number on each page.
- Please include page numbers for fiction submissions and poetry submissions longer than one page.
- Due to our desire to feature a variety of writers, we ask that you do not submit to Lullwater Review more than once per year.
- We do not accept previously published material, but we do take simultaneous submissions. If your submission to Lullwater Review has been accepted elsewhere, please email us at email@example.com and use “Withdrawal” as your subject line.
- Submissions are accepted throughout the year, but be advised that we will not look at work submitted during the summer months until August. If your piece is accepted, payment will consist of three copies of the issue where it appears.
- Lullwater Review does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, political conviction or religious belief. We welcome work that brings a fresh perspective using innovative language.
- Due to the amount of submissions we receive, we are unable to respond to all submissions. If you do not receive a response from us within six months, please know that we have declined your submission.
- Fiction submissions should be double-spaced and no longer than 5000 words.
- Please limit the number of fiction submissions to two or less.
- If submitting more than one fiction piece, please place your pieces in separate files / documents.
- We accept all forms of fiction, including genre fiction, but please note that preference will be given to literary fiction.
- There are no restrictions on length, topic, form, or style
- Poetry submissions should be single-spaced
- Please limit any poetry submissions to five poems or less.
- Please place your poems in separate files. For example, if you are submitting four poems, please place each poem in a separate document and send all 4 documents to us.
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the genre of each submission in the email subject line. Regular mail submissions will no longer be considered.
If your work is selected for publication, we reserve the following rights:
- Exclusive, world-wide first serial rights to Emory University
- Nonexclusive reprint rights
- Credit to Lullwater Review as the initial publication point in the event of reprint
- After publication, any and all additional rights revert to the contributor.
Thank you for your interest to submitting to Lullwater Review! We look forward to reading your work.